1. Zhang Y#, Wang Y#, Liu J, Ding Y, Wang S, Zhang X, Liu Y, Yang S* (2016) Temperature-dependent autoimmunity mediated by chs1 requires its neighboring TNL gene SOC3. New Phytol accepted. (#These authors contributed equally)
2. Jia Y, Ding Y, Shi Y, Zhang X, Gong Z, Yang S* (2016)The cbfs triple mutants reveal the essential functions of CBFs in cold acclimation and allow the definition of CBF regulons in Arabidopsis. New Phytol DOI: 10.1111/nph.14088
3. Ding Y, Li H, Zhang X, Xie Q, Gong Z, Yang S* (2015) OST1 kinase modulates freezing tolerance by enhancing ICE1 stability in Arabidopsis. Dev Cell 32: 278-289.
4. Liu J#, Yang H#, Bao F, Ao K, Zhang X, Zhang Y, Yang S* (2015) IBR5 modulates temperature-dependent, R protein CHS3-mediated defense responses inArabidopsis. PLoS Genet 11, e1005584. (#These authors contributed equally)
5. Kong L, Cheng J, Zhu Y, Ding Y, Meng J, Chen Z, Xie Q, Guo Y, Li J, Yang S, Gong Z (2015) Degradation of the ABA co-receptor ABI1 by PUB12/13 U-box E3 ligases. Nat Commun DOI: 10.1038/ncomms9630.
6. Ji H, Wang Y, Cloix C, Li K, Jenkin G, Wang S, Shang Z, Shi Y, Yang S, Li X (2015) The Arabidopsis RCC1 family protein TCF1 regulates freezing tolerance and cold acclimation through modulating lignin biosynthesis. PLoS Genet 11, e1005471.
7. Shi Y#, Ding Y#, Yang S* (2015) Cold signal transduction and its interplay with phytohormones during cold acclimation. Plant Cell Physiol 56: 7-15. (#These authors contributed equally)
8. Bao F, Huang X, Zhu C, Zhang X, Li X, Yang S* (2014) Arabidopsis HSP90 protein modulates RPP4-mediated temperature-dependent cell death and defense responses. New Phytol 202: 1320-1334.
9. Song S, Huang H, Gao H, Wang J, Wu D, Liu X, Yang S, Zhai Q, Li C, Qi T, Xie D (2014) Interaction between MYC2 and ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE3 modulates antagonism between jasmonate and ethylene signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 26: 263-279.
10. Wang Y, Zhang Y, Wang Z, Zhang X, Yang S* (2013)A missense mutation in CHS1, a TIR-NB protein, induces chilling sensitivity in Arabidopsis. Plant J 75: 553-565.
11. Shi Y, Wang Z, Meng P, Tian S, Zhang X, Yang S* (2013)The glutamate carboxypeptidase AMP1 mediates ABA and abiotic stress responses in Arabidopsis. New Phytol 199: 135-150.
12. Guo L, Yang H, Zhang X, Yang S* (2013)Lipid transfer protein 3 as a target of MYB96 mediates freezing and drought stress in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot 64: 1755-1767.
13. Li J#, Mu J#, Bai J#, Fu F, Zou T, An F, Zhang J, Jing H, Wang Q, Yang S, Zuo J (2013)PARAQUAT RESISTANT 1, a Golgi-localized putative transporter protein, is involved in intracellular transport of paraquat. Plant Physiol 162: 470-483. (#These authors contributed equally)
14. Shi Y#, Tian S#, Hou L, Huang X, Zhang X, Guo H, Yang S* (2012) Ethylene signaling negatively regulates freezing tolerance by repressing expression of CBF and type-A ARR genes in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 24: 2578-2595. (#These authors contributed equally)
15. Wang Z#, Meng P#, Zhang X, Ren D, Yang S* (2011) BON1 interacts with the protein kinases BIR1 and BAK1 in modulation of temperature-dependent plant growth and cell death in Arabidopsis. Plant J 67: 1081-1093. (#These authors contributed equally)
16. Yang H, Shi Y, Liu J, Guo L, Zhang X, Yang S* (2010) A mutant CHS3 protein with TIR-NB-LRR-LIM domains modulates growth, cell death and freezing tolerance in a temperature-dependent manner in Arabidopsis. Plant J 63: 283-296.
17. Huang X, Li J, Bao F, Zhang X, Yang S* (2010) A gain-of-function mutation in the Arabidopsis disease resistance gene RPP4 confers sensitivity to low temperature. Plant Physiol 154: 796-809.
18. Huang X, Li Y, Zhang X, Zuo J, Yang S* (2010) The Arabidopsis LSD1 gene plays an important role in the regulation of low temperature-dependent cell death. New Phytol 187: 301-312 (Cover story).
19. Liu D, Gong Q, Ma Y, Li P, Li J, Yang S, Yuan L, Yu Y, Pan D, Xu F, Wang NN (2010) cpSecA, a thylakoid protein translocase subunit, is essential for photosynthetic development in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot 61: 1655-1669.
20. Huang X, Zhang X, Yang S* (2009) A novel chloroplast-localized protein EMB1303 is required for chloroplast development in Arabidopsis. Cell Res 19: 1205-1216.
21. Gou M, Su N, Zheng J, Huai J, Wu G, Zhao J, He J, Tang D, Yang S, Wang G (2009) An F-box gene, CPR30, functions as a negative regulator of the defense response in Arabidopsis. Plant J 60: 757-770.
22. Li Y#, Yang S#, Yang H, Hua J (2007) The TIR-NB-LRR gene SNC1 is regulated at the transcript level by multiple factors. Mol Plant Microbe Interact 20: 1449-1456. (#These authors contributed equally)
23. Yang H, Yang S, Li Y, Hua J (2007) The Arabidopsis BAP1 and BAP2 genes are general inhibitors of programmed cell death. Plant Physiol 145: 135-146.
24. Chai MF, Wei PC, Chen QJ, An R, Chen YM, Chen J, Yang S*, Wang XC* (2006) NADK3, a novel cytoplasmic source of NADPH, is required under conditions of oxidative stress and modulates abscisic acid responses in Arabidopsis. Plant J 47: 665-674.
25. Yang S, Yang H, Grisafi P, Sanchatjate S, Fink GR, Sun Q, Hua J (2006) The BON/CPN gene family represses cell death and promotes cell growth in Arabidopsis. Plant J 45: 166-179.
4. Yu H, Dhavale T, Yang S (2006) Molecular mechanisms of hormone functions in flowering In Teixeira da Silva JA (ed) Floriculture, Ornamental and Plant Biotechnology: Advances and Topical Issues, Ed 1 Vol 1 Global Science Books, London, UK, pp 25-32